Saturday, March 31, 2018

Character Backgrounds 3: Protagonist

Hey guys

Geo here again.

(as always)

Today's unfortunately the last day I get to talk about the characters :(.

(it was very very fun while it lasted, admittedly)

But the last character on our list is the one who actually is the catalyst for the whole opening, a young African-American man who leads a simple yet fulfilling life with dreams and aspirations, tragically taken away by someone else's selfishness.

He won't be as expanded on as everyone else, although he will be one of our main subjects, his death will be the major part that pulls him into the story, development on him was kind of weird for me, I didn't really know how to characterize him or develop him, so I looked back on one of the workshops that I did a couple weeks prior, if you remember those, i'm talking about "make them laugh, make them cry". So what I was thinking was I'd put the audience in a happy or neutral situations with him, then drop them down to the lowest low, so they have the highest possible emotional values when they think of him. His memorability will be the best factor, fortunately that won't be too hard.

He represents victims obviously, wrong place wrong time kind of deal, or use of excessive force, he is very peaceful and will hesitate to use weapons, leading a very mellow life.

I hope he works out too, our character changes might override this whole thing, and honestly that's kind of scary.





"This is truly a combination of our heated Friendship"
-Geo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment